Monday 16 August 2010

The V8 Hotel in pictures: sleep in a car at a motoring-themed hotel in Stuttgart, Germany

The V8 Hotel in pictures: sleep in a car at a motoring-themed hotel in Stuttgart, Germany

If I ever go back to Germany for a holiday (having last been around 2001) I shall certainly try and make a point of staying in this hotel. It looks every inch the petrolhead's dream lodgings! OK, some of the rooms are not quite to my taste (I never was one for too much Americana) but of course the place must cater for all motoristas' preferences. They have a wide range of choices, if nothing else. I think the above picture is my favourite car-themed room (I love the feet sticking out from underneath the Moggie Minor!).

However, having a penchant for Bauhaus, Zeppelins and the 1920s in general, I would have to say that my favourite room from the pictures I have seen is the Tower's Zeppelin Suite (above). This kind of style done right is really appealing to me; I love the contrast of the white against the dark wood floor, the geometric furniture and, of course, the Zeppelin pic! "Super toll!", as our German friends might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, type something! I enjoy reading all friendly and positive comments.

Followers

Popular Posts