Thursday 19 August 2010

Stamps celebrate the age of steam engines

Stamps celebrate the age of steam engines

Another combination now of two seemingly popular (on here at least) items of interest - postage stamps and steam locomotives.

Released to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the production of the last steam engine, these stamps feature some jolly nice pictures of proper trains.

Isn't it always the way - first there's the Jersey classic car set from a week ago and now this delightful railway collection. Perhaps one of the other reasons why I enjoy collecting stamps so much is that they frequently feature subjects that appeal to me. Would that I had the money to add them all to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, type something! I enjoy reading all friendly and positive comments.

Followers

Popular Posts