Friday 19 November 2010

A foggy day!

 

It's really closed in here; I haven't seen such a pea-souper for ages! So what better excuse to play some classic Fred Astaire? 

source
I love fog, it makes everything appear so different and other-worldly. Buildings become indistinct shapes and dark figures appear out of the gloom as if by magic, only to be swallowed up again just as quickly. Streetlamps take on a spectral glow as they light up the fog beneath them and headlights are dulled almost to the point of invisibility as cars crawl along the road. It's probably more fun being snug and warm inside looking out on it than it is to be in it, although I admit I do enjoy a good autumnal walk, wrapped up nice and warm, even in a fog. Rumour has it that some of us might even be in for some snow next week! I seem to be in the minority, but I love autumn/winter and this kind of weather so if it does snow, I shan't complain!

4 comments:

  1. ohhhh, there's nothing so atmospheric as fog! We've been getting it here too lately! Everything takes on a late Victorian gaslight sort of feel. GREAT pairing with Fred. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow? Most excellent :) Nothing beats snow or fog to give you a totally different perspective in usually familiar surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fog, when I don't have to go out in it
    :-) not so keen on snow as I have quite a long commute and the train very nearly got stuck in a drift and lost power one morning last December - very scary it was too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fog, put it can be terrifying as well as atmospheric for me!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just sit there, type something! I enjoy reading all friendly and positive comments.

Followers

Popular Posts