Friday 13 November 2020

Friday the Thirteenth (1933)


I would class myself as being slightly superstitious - I have a mild dislike of the number 13 (but don't go out of my way to avoid it), try not to walk under ladders and have been known to salute and wish a "Good morning" to a lone magpie but otherwise I tend not to give much thought to other irrational beliefs and especially not to the most notoriously superstitious day of the year - today, Friday the 13th, in other words.

Instead I will just leave you with the above film - not one of the many instalments of the eponymous horror franchise, I'm pleased to say, but rather a pip of a British ensemble film from 1933 starring the likes of Ralph Richardson, Jessie Matthews and Max Miller which follows the lives of several different groups of people who Fate throws together on a bus journey through London that ends in - well, I won't spoil it for you, you'll just have to watch and find out what happens on Friday the Thirteenth!

***What are your feelings about today and what - if any - superstitions do you observe?  Let me know in the comments below.***

2 comments:

  1. As a rookie firefighter my first assignment was to Engine 13. 13 became just a number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it wouldn't do to be superstitious in that line of work, Bill! :-)

      My apartment number adds up to 13; I don't let it bother me - like you say it just becomes a number and nothing to think about really.

      Delete

Don't just sit there, type something! I enjoy reading all friendly and positive comments.

Followers

Popular Posts