Monday 16 August 2010

Diana Dors' sports car fetches $3m at auction

Diana Dors' sports car fetches $3m at auction

I absolutely adore this car and although I have been aware of its existence for some time now I did not know that it once belonged to Diana Dors.

This is perhaps one of the best examples of the car as an art form as well as a mode of transport. The beauty of the flowing lines and streamlined coachwork is obvious and gives an illusion of speed and almost nature-like properties. I suppose some people may find it a bit "kitsch" (and the fact that it didn't quite make its estimate suggests that there weren't the buyers to whose taste the car appealed) but personally I find the design positively mesmerising and worth every penny of the $3,000,000 paid for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, type something! I enjoy reading all friendly and positive comments.

Followers

Popular Posts