Friday 11 December 2009

Monocles to be sold on high street

Monocles to be sold on high street
Several years ago there was much disquiet following the news that Dolland & Aitchison, one of the leading High Street opticians, was to cease selling monocles in all but its "flagship" London store. At the time I feared that this signified the beginning of the end for this noble eyepiece.
Imagine my surprise and delight, then, to read about their triumphant return to the nation's ophthalmic emporia. With any luck this will turn out to be not another passing fad but rather a willing return to the kind of fashion illustrated above. I'm almost sorry that my eyesight is equally poor in both my eyes otherwise I would have been down to my local Vision Express like a shot. Spiffing news of the further adoption of a dapper, gentlemanly accoutrement. Away with those ghastly contact lenses and "designer" glasses - this is the way forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just sit there, type something! I enjoy reading all friendly and positive comments.

Followers

Popular Posts